JOYA® Gluten Free Apple Loaf
This JOYA apple loaf is best served hot out the oven with some butter or if you are feeling adventurous, serve it with some home made apple jam! Either way it will not last long!
- 175g soft butter plus extra for greasing
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 230g flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 4 rounded tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 JOYA® apples
- 100g walnuts very roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 160C. Grease a loaf tin and line the base with baking paper.
- Beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla until pale, then beat in the eggs, one by one.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, half of the walnuts and yogurt.
- Peel, core and chop apples into small chunks, then add to the bowl and mix everything together with a wooden spoon.
- Scrape into the tin, smooth the top and scatter the walnuts down the middle. Bake on a middle shelf for 1 hr 20-30 mins until a skewer poked in comes out clean. Cool in the tin.