The ABCs of JOYA® Apples
Every bite of a Joya® apple is filled with essential vitamins and nutrients to help achieve wellness and vitality. So, it’s back to school to look at the “alphabet” of nutrients found in these juicy treats, and what their benefits are.
Back to Features
- Vitamin B1 (aka thiamine). Helps the body turn food into energy, is important for optimal nerve and muscle function and helps maintain the immune system.
- Vitamin B2 (aka riboflavin). Essential for red blood cell production.
- Vitamin B3 (aka niacin). Boosts the production of “good” cholesterol.
- Vitamin B5 (aka pantothenic acid). Helps break down fatty acids and maintain a healthy digestive tract.
- Vitamin B6 (aka pyridoxine). Helps maintain normal sugar levels and is important in the production of neurotransmitters for optimal nerve functioning.
- Vitamin B9. You’ll be familiar with the synthetic form of this, known as folic acid. It’s needed for proper brain function (and your baby’s development if you’re pregnant) and helps to prevent mental fatigue and depression.
- Provitamin A. Your body converts this into vitamin A. It’s essential to support your vision, bone growth and your immune system. It also helps your skin repair, which is why it’s often used in skin creams.
- Vitamin C (aka ascorbic acid). Promotes the growth and repair of body tissues.
- Vitamin E. This antioxidant protects against cell damage and heart disease.