Fresh Ways to Start Your Day with JOYA®!
Apples are an ideal super food for an energising breakfast. We’re dishing up novel ways to serve this to keep your palate delighted.
- Make apple butter. Simmer peeled, chopped JOYA® apples in boiling water till soft and then blend. Spread over bagels or French toast for a delicious infusion of apple flavour. You can add cinnamon and raisins too to add depth of flavour.
- Get your grater out. Grate it (peels and all) and add to your oats or muesli instead of adding milk and sugar. Don’t grate it too finely as it will turn to mush. You want to retain that lovely crunch that JOYA® apples are known for.
- Get creative with croissants. Apples go wonderfully with cheese – we know this! Slice your JOYA® apples nice and thin, and then lay them inside a fresh croissant with a Brie or Edam cheese for a winning combo.
- Add them to crumpets. Grate or chop them fresh, or add them blended and cooked to your crumpet mix. The JOYA® apples will give the pancakes a texture much like potato latkes, and add healthy sweetness.
- Grill them! Core the JOYA® apples so they have a hole in the centre. Now slice them a few centimetres thick, brush them with melted butter, add a sprinkling of soft, brown sugar and grill them. Eat them with fresh yoghurt.
Back to Features
- Turn them into smoothies. Apples make the perfect base for a smoothie. Try this delicious version. Blend 1 peeled banana, 1 cup JOYA® apple chunks, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 1 cup crushed ice. Yum!