JOYA® Apple sliders
Pork and apple are always a good combination. Here is a quick and easy recipe to fill hungry tummies.
- 500 g good quality pork bangers
- 3 JOYA® Apples in the skin, 1 grated and 2 sliced
- 1,2 ml (¼ tsp) ground nutmeg
- olive or avocado oil for frying
- large handful lettuce
- 8 mini wholewheat burger buns, cut open
- Squeeze the pork meat from the sausage casings. Mix the meat with the grated apple and nutmeg. Divide the mixture into about 8 balls and flatten with the palm of your hand to form small burger patties or sliders.
- Heat a thin layer of the oil over a medium heat in a frying pan and fry patties in batches until golden brown and cooked through. If they are quite thick, reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through.
- To assemble sliders: place lettuce, a patty and a slice of apple on each burger bun. Serve as a light meal to busy kids on the go.