Platter full of apple snacks
Treat family and friends to these delicious snack ideas the next time you serve a platter of savoury treats. These are perfect pre-braai snacks or while watching your favourite sport.
- Tuna & corn
- 1 x 170 g tin tuna, drained
- 150 ml chunky cottage cheese
- 60 ml (¼ cup) whole kernel corn
- ½ celery stalk with the leaves, finely chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp) finely chopped Italian parsley or any other herbs of your choice
- black pepper and lemon juice to taste
- dash of olive oil, if needed
- Whipped goat’s cheese
- 100 g soft (chevin) goat’s cheese, plain or with seasonings of your choice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) milk
- smoked or plain paprika
- fresh mint leaves
- 2-3 JOYA® apples in the skin
- Tuna: mix all the ingredients together and season with pepper and lemon juice. Add a bit of olive oil if the mixture it too dry to your liking – this may depend on the kind of tuna used.
- Goat’s cheese: place cheese in a mixing bowl and whip with a hand whisk or electric beater until fluffy. If preferred, add some milk to make the whipping easier.
- Just before serving, slice apple in evenly thick slices and rinse in a bowl of cold water – this prevents the slices from discolouring too quickly.
- Spoon about 15 ml of topping on each apple slice. Sprinkle goat’s cheese with paprika and garnish with mint.