Pancakes with roasted JOYA® & ricotta
Fry a batch of pancakes with your favourite recipe and serve them for dessert with these quick and easy roasted apples. Apples and thyme is a delicious combination and perfect with a dash of honey and lemon.
- 4 JOYA® apples in the skin, cut into wedges
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) honey
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter, cubed
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh thyme leaves
- lemon juice and coarse salt to taste
- 250 g ricotta
- 18 small pancakes, made from your favourite recipe
- fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven to 220 °C.
- Place apples on a baking tray and drizzle with oil and honey and dot with butter. Sprinkle with thyme and season with a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt.
- Roast for 10 minutes, toss with pan juices and roast for another 5 minutes or until the apples are just cooked and golden brown.
- Place ricotta in a bowl and beat with a whisk until a spreadable mixture is formed.
- Spread some of the ricotta onto one half of each warm pancake and top with a few apple wedges. Fold pancakes in triangles, drizzle with pan juices and garnish with extra thyme. Serve warm.