JOYA® choc chip cookies
Who doesn’t like a cookie? And when there is chocolate involved, most people will never say no. In this recipe we spice up your regular choc chip cookie with the goodness of JOYA® apples. Everyone in the family will love them.
Makes about 25 – 30 cookies
- 150 ml (150 g) soft butter
- 150 ml (120 g) brown sugar
- 1 extra-large egg
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground nutmeg
- finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 500 ml (2 cups) cake flour
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) dark chocolate chips
- 2 JOYA® apples in the skin, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Line a large baking tray or two smaller trays with baking paper. It’s not necessary to grease the paper, as the cookies contain enough butter.
- Place butter and sugar in large mixing bowl and beat with an electric beater until creamy. Add egg, vanilla, nutmeg and lemon rind and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour and mix until a soft dough forms. With a wooden spoon, gently stir the choc chips and apple cubes into the dough.
- Roll small balls of dough with your hands, place on the baking tray and flatten gently with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown and cooked. Allow to cool on a cooling rack and store in an airtight container.
1. Substitute nutmeg with cinnamon or mixed spice.
2. If chocolate chips are not available, chop 50 g good quality dark chocolate and use as above.