JOYA® apple & potato bacon fritters
Apple, bacon and mustard is a well-known combination and perfect for a breakfast fritter idea.
- 2 JOYA® apples, in the skin
- 3 medium (about 300 g) potatoes, in the skin
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 100 g back bacon, excess fat removed, chopped and pan-fried
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) cake flour
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped fresh origanum or thyme
- 10 ml (2 tsp) wholegrain mustard
- 2 extra-large eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- olive or avocado oil for pan-frying
- To serve
- 1-2 eggs per person
- rocket leaves
- Coarsely grate the apples and potatoes and press out any excess moisture from this mixture with your hands. (Or wrap it in a clean dish towel and gently wring out the liquid.)
- Add the remaining ingredients to the apple mixture, except the oil, mix well and season to taste.
- Heat a thin layer of oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan. Scoop spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan and allow to fry until cooked and golden brown on both sides. If necessary, cover fritters with a lid for a few minutes, just until the potatoes are completely cooked.
- Drain fritters on kitchen towel if necessary and keep warm. Prepare the eggs according to your family’s preference and serve with the warm fritters and rocket leaves.