JOYA® Apple & Onion Tart
This JOYA® Apple & Onion Tart is the perfect side dish for the braai and easily modified to your diet or likes – the sweet, juicy taste of the JOYA® Apple makes this tart simply irresistible!
- 1 roll puff pastry
- 3 onions thinly sliced
- 1 JOYA® Apple thinly sliced
- 1 wheel of Camembert cheese
- Handful of Cranberries
- Heat oven to 200C.
- Unroll the pastry sheet onto a large baking tray and bake for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onions and cook for 10-15 mins until softened and starting to caramelise.
- Stir in the thyme, season well and set aside.
- Slice the apple thinly. Toss the slices in a splash of vinegar to prevent them from browning.
- The pastry should be puffed and starting to colour.
- Push down the centre, spread chutney over the base then spread over the onions.
- Top with the apple slices and Camembert, overlapping them to cover the tart.
- Add some cranberries, a few more thyme sprigs, drizzle with a little oil, then put back in the oven for a further. Serve warm or cold.
Cranberry sauce can also work well especially with the addition of the Camembert cheese