JOYA® Apple Oat Bars
These JOYA® Apple Oat Bars are a perfect breakfast bar to grab before hitting the beach. They will also travel well so great for picnics or padkos. Don’t ask us how we know this, but when served slightly warm, with perhaps a dollop of creme fraiche, its basically dessert.
- 500 ml (2 C) cake flour
- 5 ml (1 t) salt
- 5 ml (1 t) baking powder
- 250 ml (1 C) brown sugar
- 250 ml (1 C) oats
- 250 ml (1 C) butter, softened
- 6 JOYA apples, peeled, cored
- Sieve together the flour, salt and baking powder into the bowl of a processor or mixer
- Add the brown sugar and the oats.
- Add the butter.
- Pulse or beat to rub the butter evenly into the dry ingredients until it all comes together in a rough crumble.
- Press half of the mixture into a baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Slice the JOYA apples thinly and evenly and then place the slices in a layer across the top of the dough.
- Crumble the remaining half of the dough over the top of the JOYA apple slices.
- Bake the JOYA Apple Oat Bars in an oven preheated to 180°C for 45 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Leave to cool and then slice into bars.
Store in an airtight container.