JOYA® Apple & chicken wraps
Chicken mayo is upgraded to a gourmet level with JOYA® Apples, yoghurt with a touch of curry and salad ingredients.
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive or avocado oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lemon
- 125 ml (½ cup) plain unsweetened yoghurt
- 2,5 ml (½ tsp) mild curry powder or to taste
- 1 celery stalk, cut in thin diagonal slices
- 1 avocado
- 4 wholewheat wraps
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- large handful coriander leaves
- 2 JOYA® Apples in the skin, cut in thin wedges
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and fry on both sides until golden brown, but not yet cooked.
- Reduce the heat, add half the lemon juice and cover with a lid. Simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the pan and allow to cool. Cut chicken in cubes.
- Meanwhile, mix the yoghurt and curry powder and stir in the chicken and celery.
- Mash avocado with the remaining lemon juice and season with black pepper.
- Just before assembling, heat the wraps in a dry frying pan for a few minutes. This makes them more pliable and easier to fold.
- Divide the avocado and spread in the middle of each wrap. Top avocado with spinach, coriander and apple. Spoon the chicken mixture on top.
- To fold the wraps: fold the bottom of the wrap over the filling, tuck the sides in and roll the wrap to close. Place the wrap seam side down and repeat with the rest of the wraps.
- Cut the wraps in half, to make it easier to enjoy on the road. Wrap in greaseproof paper to keep them fresh.