A healthy, crunchy salad that is oh so easy. This salad will become your go-to for hot summer days when you’re not keen for a hot meal, but still want to eat a filling lunch.
4 – 6
1. Chicken: Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry chicken on both sides until golden brown.
2. Reduce heat, add tea and bay leaf. Cover with a lid and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until just cooked. Spoon out and allow to cool. (Freeze the pan juices and use as a stock for another meal.)
Remove the bones from the chicken and shred the meat. Alternatively, use leftover chicken for this salad.
3. Salad: Mix mustard, lemon juice, honey, oil and origanum and season with pepper. Pour some of this mixture over the chicken to marinade the cooked meat.
4. Pour boiling water over the broccoli or green beans and peas. Allow to stand for 7-10 minutes or until cooked. Drain and repeat with the broccoli or green beans, if necessary. Rinse well to cool.
5. Pack the cooked veggies and chicken with cucumber and lettuce in a lunch box or arrange on a salad platter. Serve with the remaining dressing and spoonfuls of guacamole for a more filling meal. If you are packing the salad into a lunch box, keep the salad dressing and guacamole separate until you are ready to eat.
This recipe was adapted from the Cooking from the heart recipe book series, developed by Pharma DynamicsDownload Recipe