Chewy JOYA® sweets
JOYA® apples are so versatile that it’s even possible to make sweets with them. They are juicy, sweet and tangy – perfect as a healthier treat. These are ideal for lunch boxes or even a kids’ party.
- 4 JOYA® apples in the skin, cubed
- 24 dates, pitted and chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) honey
- 30 ml (2 tbs) lemon juice
- 5 ml (1 tsp) mixed spice or ground cinnamon
- Place all the ingredients in a small pot and simmer with a lid over a low heat.
- Stir regularly to mix the ingredients together and melt the honey. The mixture should become sticky and start pulling away from the sides of the pot.
- This process takes about 20-25 minutes. Spoon out and allow to cool and refrigerate for 1 hour – this makes shaping the sweets easier.
- Shape the mixture into cubes of about 10 ml per sweet. Wrap individually in baking paper or just keep in a container in the fridge.